Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bark Park & Pup Cakes!

Like most Mommies, my Mommy likes to make sure I get all the fun stuff in life. We go to our local bark park regularly, and it is just soo much fun.

Above is a picture of me at our local bark park. Lots of pooches come to play here, and I find that it's best to go during 2:30PM during the weekdays to avoid the uncontrollable dogs and arrogant owners (we've all experienced them!). But my all time favorite experience when going to bark parks is ALL THE SMELLS!!! And sometimes a game of bark and chase is fun too.

At the bark park there are plenty of benches for us smaller pups to stand on so we can check whats happening. I also like just standing on benches and sniffing the breeze :)

I really like to tweak 'human foods' for Gunner. Nothing fancy smanchy. As demonstrated in the picture above, I made 'pupcakes' tonight. Using whole wheat flour, fat free milk (or water if your dog can't handle milk products), omit the sugar, a little baking soda and an egg and voila! Pupcakes! I did a dollop of the mixture in a frying pan.

Just a few thoughts. It's so hard to stop worrying about how to better our canines lives, but I believe the best thing to do is just enjoy life. Live in the moment. There is a lot of things we can do to help our four legged friends live a healthier life, but no way we can predict how long they can live. So cherish each moment. Live long and prosper :)


1 comment:

Simba said...

Oooohhhh I loooove the dog park!

hmmm..never had a pupcake before...it looks yummy though!!

Simba